Well it was about 3am & I was feeding Linc & watching some Super Nanny & decided that it was about time we had a visit from the Binky Fairy. Now that the baby is here & Parker seems to be adjusting well to his little bro. it's probably about time!
I admit I was super nervous about this, I'm already not getting any sleep as it is, but I was surprised at how well it really went.
There is this adorable toy store in Kaysville called The Three Little Monkeys & they had a little fairy with it's own house & little pouch. They even had little boy fairies (that sounds weird I know :)
Anyhoo, we told told Parker that it was the Binky Fairy & that he was going to take his binkies to all the little babies that needed them & then he would bring him back a surprise. He happily put his binkies in the pouch & said goodbye to the fairy. A couple of hours later the fairy came back with a cute little frog that swims in the bath (also from Three Little Monkey store). He was thrilled!
Then came bedtime. . .it was a nightmare! He kept saying, "Binky, Mommy, Binky!" And we'd remind him that the fairy took them & he'd say, "no, come back fairy, come back!" He sobbed for a couple of hours & I even cried a little too. It broke my heart to tell him they were gone & I admit I almost went & got them a couple of times, but we stuck to our guns & last night was soooo much easier. He did ask for it but when we reminded him they were gone, he said ok & went to bed. I thought we'd have a much harder time (knock on wood). So thanks Super Nanny, I won't be mortified now when he's not still sucking on it during high school graduation! :)




2 comments:
I am so glad that it went well!!! i know you were so worried about that :):)
Oh the binky game! I am glad it went so well for you guys. Sometimes it stinks to be the parents ;)
Post a Comment