Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FINISHERS!!! Hobblecreek 1/2 Marathon 2008

We've trained all summer & finally the big day came! We thought my brother Tim wasn't going to be able to run with us because he blew his knee out 2mos ago, but he's as stubborn as we are & decided to run but "slow" it down to our pace! (whatever that means! :)

Thanks Steve for capturing my disgusted face as Tim tells us of his chapped "nips." Now we know why all of those guys have been wearing round band aids over theirs!
This pic just makes me laugh cuz after all that talk, Tim just came in in front of a few old grannies!
Thanks Jas & my little buddy Park for meeting me at the finish line! You've been so supportive of me getting healthy & I really appreciate it!

It was so fun to run with two of my siblings, knowing that we're all getting healthy together is so awesome! Kicking both their butts was pretty awesome too!

Katie's time: 1:57:16
527 out of 1038
52 out of 128 25-29yr old females
8:57 pace

I know those numbers don't look that awesome, especially if you caught any of the olympics, but that's more than a 1/2 hr. shorter than we practiced in training. So overall I'm pretty stoked by it, especially considering I was 12 weeks pregnant too!

Well that's my last long run of the year since I'm rapidly getting bigger in the "gutt" area. Stay tuned a year from now, we're planning on making this a family tradition! P.S. Hate to say I told ya so but that's the last time you guys will try a new grain cereal on the day of the race right Tim & Meg! :)

7 comments:

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

Way to go Katie!! You are an amazing women. 12 weeks prego & running like that!! I wish I was you. Good Job!! Hey we need a "Girls Night" so give me a call!!
Love Ya
Ashley

WheelersFamily said...

Good job Katie on your 1/2 marathon. Looks like you had a great time.
Congrats on the upcoming addition to the Fam. Hope it's a girl! (:

Britters and Parx said...

KT congrats!!!! YOu say it so casually that you are pregnant as if we all know!@@ How fun!! =) When are we going to see you guys? It seems like 4ever since we last did!! And p.s. I didn't realize that was you driving by until you had passed the other night!!! Next time STOP AND SAY HI!!! WE are like family. =)
Brit

The Coopers said...

Hey congrats on the baby and the running! That is awesome! Hope all is well.

Phillip and Mary said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom the baby news was a first! WOW! You are so awsome. and that time is amazing!!!!!!! I did the SL half in 2007 in about 2:32, so I would be stoked with that time too. I am hoping to come home in April 09 and do it again in less than two hours. You look so BUFF! I can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Melissa: said...

You are so inspiring!

And You are EXPECTING! That is so exciting, congratualtions!

I can't believe you ran that 12 weeks pregnant. You are an animal, and my hero!

Way to go!

Aly said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I can't believe that you ran when you were 12 weeks prego! Good work!! You look great! We have to get together when I come back to visit!