Monday, February 16, 2009

V Day Surprise!!!

Jas & I have been married almost 7 years and we've become one of those couples that doesn't really get into holidays for each other. Christmas is about our kids, birthdays just mean we're older, and Valentines is a sappy holiday where all of the restaurants are overcrowded. Not to mention that what used to come out of his pocket when we were single now comes out of our pocket. (Not as fun!!)

So when he asked me what I wanted to do for Valentines, I just said that I've come to expect that we don't really do anything. I guess that answer upset him a little...I thought nothing of it really, so I told him I really just wanted Burger Bar for dinner. It's one of our favorite places & since we moved I never get to eat it. (which is probably a good thing!)

So I was at work on V-day, expecting nothing. In comes a huge bouquet of roses, a teddy bear, chocolates & a balloon (chocolates not in photo, already consumed! :). My boss said, "oh is that for you?" And of course I said, "no, we don't do Valentines, besides, we're going to burger bar tonight!" So you can imagine my surprise when they said my name. At first I said, well there's two Katie's here, which one? I was in total shock when they said me & my next thought was, oh Jason's mom sent me a Valentine (because she does sweet things like that) But when I read the card, it simply said, "I Remembered."

He usually doesn't get away with this stuff cuz I look at our account daily. In fact, he jokes all the time with people that he can't do anything without a phone call five seconds later from me asking what he spent money on. But the floral shop assured him that it wouldn't come out of our account until after the holiday.

Even though we've become a little complacent & comfortable with not celebrating these silly made up holidays, it was a really sweet surprise and made me feel special & loved, especially in my current "big & grumpy" state. Parker saw the bear & balloon & they are now his of course, which makes it an even better gift because I could share it. What an awesome husband I have, I love you honey, you're the best!

6 comments:

bRanDoN and TheReSa said...

WOW i am impressed!!!! what a sweet guy :) im glad he did that for you... you deserve it

Andy and Katy said...

That is so sweet. I am with you though-take me to my favorite place to eat and that is all I need. Hope that you are feeling well and getting ready for baby! keep in touch.

Heather K said...

Such a fun surprise! ;) You need to post pictures of you! e

The Coopers said...

That is so nice! I am like you in the way that I don't like a ton of money spent on me because it is "our" money, but it is so sweet to get surprised every now and then and it makes you feel so good.

Lynsie said...

Impressive of him. I would have never thought of making sure about the money thing, or thought a man would be that clever either. What a sweetheart. And whats sweeter is that you told him you wanted nothing, and he's the one that wanted to get you something to show how he feels. :)

How are you feeling? I am gonna come see you at work Saturday or Monday okay?

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

That sounds just like us!! I guess we are all a bunch of old married people. Hope all is going good!! Can't wait to hear when that baby boy gets here. Keep us updated please!!