So we finally got Parker's new room painted & his new bunk beds put together. All the while telling him that pretty soon he was going to get a new room with "Big Boy" beds, hoping that it would make the transition from the crib easier. Well he was so excited about his new beds, (especially climbing the ladder to the top bunk) that it was the best night sleep we've both had in a long time.
I know he's a little old to still be in the crib anyway but we wanted his room to be done first & he never really tried to get out of the crib so we figured it was a "win, win" situation at the time. I think though that we waited so long that we didn't really realize how squished he really was in that crib, poor kid!
He got into bed all excited with all, & I mean ALL of his stuffed dogs & made Jason lay next to him for a few minutes while he said "wuff you dada," and patted his face. He didn't get upset or anything when Jason left & usually at night we can hear him talking to himself or singing to get to sleep but last night there was not so much as a peep! I was a little worried so I kept checking in on him & he was just sprawled out like he'd never had so much room before. It kinda made me feel bad for keeping him in the crib so long. Then in the morning instead of just getting up out of bed he waited for us to get him & was yelling into the monitor "momma, where are you?"
I was a little sad at the realization that my little baby was now a "big boy" but I was really proud of him that he did so well, he's such a good boy! Next stop is potty training & getting rid of the binky! Something tells me those two aren't going to be quite as easy!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Big Boy Bed Success!!!
Posted by
Katie Bergeson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Congrats on your big boy sucess! I'm sure it was hard to let him go into his new big boy bed. Goog luck with the Binki and Potty Training...I have no advice for that. I talked to Lyns, and we definitely want to do another girls night...closer to the middle or end of January. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Laura
I meant GOOD LUCK, not GOOG...I went to Fremont, and I swear I graduated (by the skin of my nose that is). HA HA HA
What a sweet little guy he is. Getting kids out of the crib is the best. They sleep better and in turn so do we. Have a good Christmas!!!!
Thats funny! Jaimen did the same thing in the morning for a while, waited for me to come get him. So cute, they are!
Is he excited for his little brother??
Are you feeling okay?
HOW SUPER CUTE!!! IM GLAD IT WAS SUCH A GOOD TRANSITION FOR HIM!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE OTHER TWO... THE BED TURNED OUT SO CUTE :)
Post a Comment