So the other day I was out in the yard & Parker was playing w/his wagon & said,
"Mom, Emme sits there!"
Emme hasn't sat in that wagon in about a year, since we moved. So I decided we needed a little play date with her. We bought a zoo pass this year so we invited Amanda & Emme along & as you can tell they got along like old best friends! In fact, I think they got along better than they ever had before.
We recently had Lincoln's 2 month appointment & yep, you guessed it... we grow 'em big at our house! He's 14 lbs. 8 oz. Off the charts in every category, just like his big brother. I love his dr. & nurses though, every time they've measured Parker or Lincoln's heads, they say,
"Oh, you're so smart!"

Linc is such a smiley baby, he even giggles a little, despite all of his little health issues. I think he's going to be our little comedian!
We've taken him to a couple of different specialists, Primary's & had several tests done & all with no answers but yesterday we went to an ear, nose, & throat doc & he put a scope down his throat. He found that he has floppy epiglottis, which is some floppy skin on their voice box that can pinch off the voice box & make it harder for them to breath. Unfortunately his severe reflux & this work against each other & make the other condition worse. But it's all something that he will grow out of eventually, usually about 18mos. (hopefully sooner!)
Not that we wanted to find anything wrong with him but we're relieved that we've finally got a diagnosis & that we're not crazy! So we'll continue with all of the medications to help him get thru it & hopefully get some sleep in between!

Last week Parker was playing with stickers & Linc was napping in his swing. I went to check on him & found that he was zonked out & fully decorated in Toy Story stickers. Ha Ha!
It's not the best pic with the sun in our eyes, but the only one I have from Lincoln's blessing because I always forget to get the camera in these instances!
His blessing was wonderful, Jas did a beautiful job (as usual) & we had so much love & support from family & friends. My dad bore his testimony & it was one of the most powerful things I have ever heard. Jas leaned over & said he'd never heard someone speak like that in his life. Thanks Dad for your spirit & strength. You are such an amazing example of faith & strength!
I had thought I had prepared way too much food, but we ended up having so much family & friends that it was barely enough. I love that we have a big backyard now too that we can host these things & have all the kids playing outside & having a good time. It was truly a beautiful day! We are so blessed!





2 comments:
Lincoln is so big. Chunky babies are the best. I'm glad you got some answers. I didn't know about it. I hope he grows out of it quickly. You have such a cute family. :)
OH What a cute little family. I am glad you got some answers. It can be so frustrating! Congrats on the anniversary! 7 years. It will be 8 in June for us & 11 in Nov. Time does fly by. I still feel like we were just walking the loop in school & talking about these older boys we found & now we are old married people :) p.s. You look darling!
Post a Comment