

Saturday, June 13, 2009
Parker's First Dental Cleaning. . .
Park just turned 3 a couple of months ago so we figured it was about time that this candy lovin' kid should have his teeth cleaned. I was a little nervous because it was the first time we'd been to this dentist since we moved & I didn't know how good he was & how Parker would react to it.
So I tried to prep him before we went about what would go on & that it would be fun & he'd get a toy. . . yada, yada, yada. Well as soon as the hygienist sat him in the chair & put cartoons on the TV they have in the ceiling with some headsets to hear, he was all in.
He was feeling so relaxed that he crossed his legs, got comfortable, & started passing gas! It was so stinking hilarious! I think maybe he thought no one heard because he had the headset on... I don't know, but I was cracking up & so was the hygienist.
He was so good too! She kept telling him to open his mouth like an alligator & he'd open it real wide. (which I now use that technique to brush his teeth at home, works wonders!) They even tried to get X-rays which they said that they don't normally do the first time but would try because he was being so cooperative. He's always loved going to the Dr. so I kind of knew he'd do okay.
He ended the trip with a little stretchy muscleman toy & couldn't wait to get home & use his new toothbrush from the dentist.
All in all it was a wonderful first dental visit. Hopefully he'll get his Dad's teeth & they'll all
be this pleasant!
Posted by
Katie Bergeson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh how lucky are you!! My girls HATE the dentist. Even after 5 times going they still cry!!! Oh he is getting so big!
Wow! Lucky girl to have a boy that does so well. Jaimen has been to the dentist three times total, just for him to get used to the 'idea'. Its not working, he screams.
Count your blessings :)
Post a Comment